Brooklyn, NY 11238
Cell - 646-259-1451
I am on a constant path
the mind, body and spirit.
Our five senses work in concert with one another; when one of our senses is out of commission, our other senses pick up the slack by becoming more attuned and capable. Our other senses essentially begin to lead.
I was born with congenital cataracts. I only see out of my right eye and around its cataract. My sight is not poor enough for me to need a guide dog or cane, but the cataracts do change things for me. Seeing out of one eye and around its cataract makes it so I see differently. I use my eyes, but primarily, I move through the world leading with my senses of hearing, smell, taste and touch.
I utilize my keen sense of touch to augment my sight and to help me to more easily negotiate the world. I discern, connect and understand by "Seeing Through the Hands."
I resonate deeply with bodywork; practicing massage allows me lead with the most sensitive tool I have; my body; my hands. I believe when we embrace our differences instead of trying to conform, we brighten the world. I am celebrating my difference by offering it to you in the form of bodywork.
My Educational Background
|Associate's Degree in Occupational Studies, 2003||Swedish Institute of Massage Therapy and Other Allied Sciences|
|Certification in Yoga Instruction for Adults 2005||Integral Yoga Institute|
|Certification in Yoga Instruction for Children, 2005||Karma Kids Yoga |
|Advanced Certification in Personal Training, 2007||Swedish Institute of Massage Therapy and Other Allied Sciences|
|Graduate, 2009||IM School of Healing|
|Certification in Positional Therapy: The Lee Albert Protocol, Levels 1-3, 2010||Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health|
|Immersion and Ring Two Teacher Training Certification, 2010 - Ring Three, Teaching Mentorship Year ||CircusYoga:
Building relationships and community through playful practice|
|Meridian Yoga Teacher Training Certification, 2011||Boston with Daniel Orlansky|
|Certification in Thai Massage study and Teacher Training, 2013 ||International Training Massage School (ITM) Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|Thai Massage private and group study, 2013||Master Ajarn Sinchai Sukparsert and Ajahn Pichet Boonthumme Chiang Mai, Thailand|
Continuing Education Completed at the Swedish Institute of Massage Therapy and other allied Sciences.
- Perinatal Massage Therapy with Niara Healing Arts
- Phase Four for the Spine Course in Ortho-Bionomy with Morel Stackhouse
- Creating the Shoulder With George Russell, DC
- Creating the Neck and Shoulder With George Russell, DC
- The Rotator Cuff with George Russell, DC
- Approaching the Iliospoas with George Russell, DC
- Helping Fertility Naturally with Reflexology with Vera Krijn
- Unraveling Rotations with George Russell, DC
- Assessing and Treating Nerve Pain in the Lower Back with George Russell, DC
- Massage For Migraines with Anthony Guglielmo, LMT
Additional Continuing Education in Massage
- The Self Care Workshop with Carrie Taylor, LMT, at Taylor Techniques, NYC
- Incorporating the 5 Elements in Your Massage with Nini Melvin, Leverett Studio, MA
- Reiki One with Carrie Keskinen, Reiki Master, LMT
- Reiki Two with Carrie Keskinen, Reiki Master, LMT
- The Foot and Ankle Bio-Mechanics, with Dr. Dennis Shavelson , Podiatrist
and George Russell, DC. Getting Better Bodywork
Advanced Training for Yoga
With Christine Nalini Kuhnke at Integral Yoga Institute, NYC
- Creating the Fire Tapas in Your Yoga Practice
- Purna Bhumi
- Twist and Shout with Joy
- Finding Freedom in Your Foundation
- Twists, Balancing and Inversions
- Blues-Busting Back Bend, Warm Your Heart, and Bring Out Your Tiger(ess)
- The Union of Bija Mantra and Shakti Dance with Manorama
CircusYoga with Erin Malie O'Keefe and Kevin O'Keefe at Karma Kids Yoga, NYC.
- Ring One Immersion
- Ring Two Teacher Training
- Ring Three Mentorship Year
Meridian Yoga Teacher Training with Daniel Orlansky, Boston, MA
- Opening the Energetic Pathways
- Meridian Yoga Training II: Uncovering the Bliss Body
- Partner Yoga
Anusara Yoga with John Friend
- Mixed Level
- Intermediate/Advanced Level
Positional Therapy: The Lee Albert Protocol with Lee Albert, Lenox, MA (Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health)
- Level 1: Experiential Approach to Strain-Counterstrain & Muscle Energy
- Level 2: Strain-Counterstrain and Muscle Energy Technique
- Level 3: Clinical Applications
Thai Massage: NYC
- Thai Massage with Micheal W Alicia, LMT, at MassageSpace NYC.
- Thai on the Table with Patrick Lee Ingrassia, LMT at the the Swedish Institute of Massage Therapy and other allied Sciences.
Thai Massage: International Training Massage School (ITM) Chiang Mai, Thailand
Thai Massage with Master Ajarn Sinchai Sukparsert, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 24 hours of private one-on-one study with Master Ajarn Sinchai Sukparsert
Thai Massage with Master Ajahn Pichet Boonthumme , Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 105 hours of individualized class study with Master Ajahn Pichet Boonthumme